Am Sonntag, 7. November 2004 13:52 schrieb Lars Gullik Bjønnes:

> This hack (dummy Format object to make libsupport link), is not
> acceptable.

Then it needs to be removed from tex2lyx, too.

> This means that the usage for Format and format.h in
> support/filetools.C is not acceptable and must go away.
>
> libsupport should should not include anything from "core". It is a
> support library. I am going to apply the patch below.

It would have been nice if you had said this when I asked wether this hack
was acceptable.

What to do now? We need the functionality of getFormatFromContents(),
maybe not as often as we use it now, but definitely in the graphics
inset.
The problem is that we also need to deal with unknown (user defined)
formats. The current approach allows us to do this in a limited way: It
works for all user defined formats that have a unique extension.
Would it be ok with you to have something like
Format const *Formats::getFormatFromFile(string filename)
that does what getFormatFromContents() did before your patch?

Georg