Le 17/02/2018 à 15:01, José Abílio Matos a écrit :
On Friday, 16 February 2018 10.11.32 WET Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
 > You are right, there is no hurry to remove unusable layouts. Maybe the best
 > would be to remove these when a layout for agujournal and one for copernicus
 > (for EGU) are available. It seems to me that agutex.layout can be reused
 > for agujournal, I will give a try later.

I have recently looked into copernicus

https://publications.copernicus.org/for_authors/latex_instructions.html

and they have this warning:

"Authors are kindly requested to make use of the template.tex file embedded in the LaTeX Package since most of the definitions for the structure of manuscript elements are described there. Since we convert all typeset TeX files into XML, the expressions and markups have to be highly standardized."

Does that mean that we should provide a Docbook layout ? I guess rather that we should be strict about the set of interfaced commands in the layout file.

 > José, I see that you developed with Martin a layout file and a set of .inc
 > files for use with DocBook. I guess this is obsolete as well?

Which ones?

These:

agu-dtd.layout
agu_stdclass.inc
agu_stdcounters.inc
agu_stdlists.inc
agu_stdsections.inc
agu_stdtitle.inc

The idea, if I remember correctly, about the docbook layout files is to have the same structure as the latex layout files.

Here I must confess that I am not quite familiar with docbook.

--
Jean-Pierre