Greg> I can type and have displayed an "r" with acute accent, but not
Greg> an "m" with acute accent.  I see in Reference.lyx that "m" in
Greg> fact is not a valid letter to use with the accent-acute
Greg> function.  But is there any good reason for this restriction?
Greg> LyX is perfectly capable of drawing an acute accent over an "m"
Greg> -- I can hand-edit a LyX file and put in "\i \'{m}", and then in
Greg> LyX I see the accented "m".

I do not really know why these characters are considered as not
valid. Maybe Lars could comment on this, since I believe he added that
code.

In any case, I think you can use the only (!) toggle in Options->LaTeX
to change this.

JMarc