> > gcc -g -O -I. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share\" -c
> > OpSys.c -o O
> > pSys.o
> > OpSys.c: In function `SearchFile':
> > OpSys.c:448: `DIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Does the output of ./configure have a line like
>
> 'checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes'    ?

Here tht output for ./configure

Supported features:
    --enable-lacheck-replace:  Installs  a lacheck replacement for the
                               AUC-TeX interface.  (Default:  no).
    --enable-debug-info:        Compile in miscellaneous runtime debugging
                               information.  (Default: yes).
    --enable-emacs-hack:       Installs a Elisp file, which makes ChkTeX
                               available in Emacs. Must be followed by
                               the path of your elisp files (e.g.
                               "--enable-emacs-hack=/usr/lib/emacs/").
                               (Default: no).
checking whether lacheck replacement should be installed... no
checking whether runtime debug info should be used... yes
checking whether the emacs hack should be installed... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking for perl5... (cached) /usr/bin/perl
checking whether perl is v5 or higher... yes
checking whether #! works in shell scripts... (cached) yes
checking for groff... (cached) groff -man -P-bu -Tlatin1
checking for latex... (cached) /usr/bin/latex
checking for dvips... (cached) /usr/bin/dvips
checking for lynx... (cached) /usr/bin/lynx
checking for latex2html... (cached) /usr/bin/latex2html
checking for -ltermlib... (cached) no
checking for -ltermcap... (cached) no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking whether cross-compiling... (cached) no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... (cached) no

checking for sys/ndir.h that defines DIR... (cached) no

checking for sys/dir.h that defines DIR... (cached) no
checking for ndir.h that defines DIR... (cached) no
checking for -lx... (cached) no
checking for limits.h... (cached) no
checking for stat.h... (cached) no
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdarg.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for termcap.h... (cached) yes
checking for termlib.h... (cached) no
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for working const... (cached) yes
checking for inline... (cached) inline
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking for vprintf... (cached) yes
checking for access... (cached) yes
checking for closedir... (cached) yes
checking for fileno... (cached) yes
checking for isatty... (cached) yes
checking for opendir... (cached) yes
checking for readdir... (cached) yes
checking for stat... (cached) yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for strdup... (cached) yes
checking for strlwr... (cached) no
checking for strtol... (cached) yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating deweb
creating MakeHTML
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged

> Do you have a file called  /usr/include/dirent.h?

Yes, I attached it to the mail

Alex

Dirent.h