On Nov 30, 2014, at 10:39 PM, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org <mailto:rgh...@lyx.org>> wrote:

On 11/30/2014 03:57 PM, Andrew Crampton wrote:
Dear lyx users,
I recently upgraded to lyx version 2.1.2.2 and attempted to compile a lyx file I made with an older version. The pdf file is fine except that the first page is missing. This is where the abstract, title, authors etc. are located. I do a little TeX as well and could not find anything wrong with the source code. As it worked on an older version of lyx I am assuming that something in the update is the issue. I am running OS X Yosemite.

Try exporting the TeX file and compiling manually. Does the problem persist?

Richard