Am 01.12.2014 um 00:00 schrieb Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org>:

> On Nov 30, 2014, at 10:39 PM, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:
>
> On 11/30/2014 03:57 PM, Andrew Crampton wrote:
>> Dear lyx users,
>> I recently upgraded to lyx version 2.1.2.2 and attempted to compile a lyx
>> file I made with an older version.  The pdf file is fine except that the
>> first page is missing.  This is where the abstract, title, authors etc. are
>> located.  I do a little TeX as well and could not find anything wrong with
>> the source code.  As it worked on an older version of lyx I am assuming that
>> something in the update is the issue.  I am running OS X Yosemite.
>
> Try exporting the TeX file and compiling manually. Does the problem persist?
>
> Richard
>

> On 11/30/2014 04:56 PM, Andrew Crampton wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>> I exported it as a LaTeX file and compiled it in TeX Shop 3.18.  The pdf
>> again was missing the first page.
>
> Hi, Drew,
>
>> I copied the header code:
>>
>> %% LyX 2.1.2.2 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
>> %% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
>> \documentclass[10pt,a4paper,american]{elsarticle}
>> \renewcommand{\ttdefault}{cmtt}
>> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>> \usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
>> \pagestyle{headings}
>> \usepackage{float}
>> \usepackage{amstext}
>> \usepackage{graphicx}
>>
>> \makeatletter
>>
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% LyX specific LaTeX commands.
>> \special{papersize=\the\paperwidth,\the\paperheight}
>>

>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% User specified LaTeX commands.
>> %\usepackage{cite}
>>
>> \@ifundefined{showcaptionsetup}{}{%
>>  \PassOptionsToPackage{caption=false}{subfig}}
>> \usepackage{subfig}
>> \AtBeginDocument{
>>   \def\labelitemi{\(\triangleright\)}
>> }
>>
>> \makeatother
>>
>> \usepackage{babel}
>> \begin{document}
>>

>> Maybe it is something with the document class and the new lyx version?
>
> My first suggestion would be to create a simple elsarticle test file, outside
> of LyX, compile it
> manually, and see if that works. If not, then the problem is with your LaTeX
> installation and
> not with LyX. I believe I saw a similar sort of problem once when upgrading
> my OS, though
> that was on Linux.
>
>> On an unrelated matter I tried opening up some older lyx files as well and
>> none of them work.  All have problems with .eps to .pdf conversion.  This
>> might be another problem but I though I should let you know.

Hi Andrew,

to understand what happens tell us how you did the upgrade. Did you do the
upgrade
to Yosemite and to LyX 2.1.2.2 at the same time? There are reports from other
users
with TeX compilation problems solved by an update of there MacPorts utilities.
Are
you using MacPorts too? What's the status of your LaTeX installation? Is it
updated
too or not? Remember to reconfigure LyX after changing the system environment.

Stephan