On 2015-02-17, Michael Berger wrote:

> Morning Günter,

> I have no doubt that both \usepackage{textalpha} and
> \usepackage{alphabeta} do work as you said (certain settings provided).
> However, with my current settings they definitely do not, neither in
> ordinary text nor in glosses.
> See screenshot attached.

Can't see screenshots here (reading this via the Gmane interface per
newsreader), so I ask: how did you specify the \usepackage command? It
belongs in the document preamble, in LyX this can be achieved via inclusion in
Document>Settings>UserPreamble.

However, if you achieve what you want without these packages, there is no
need to use these packages. (I personally prefer to have "\textalpha" or
similar in the glossary input instad of \textgreek{a}, but this is not
really important.)

Günter