On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 11:11:49AM -0300, Julio Rojas wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have read that in order to avoid the dreaded error 131 that Adobe Reader
> shows when opening some files generated with pdfLaTeX, the
> \pdfminorversion=4 flag should be added before loading Beamer. How can I do
> this in Lyx?
>
> Thanks in advance. Regards,
> Julio Rojas
> jcredbe...@gmail.com

Hi Julio,

I have not heard about this problem. Can you give us some references?
Can you reproduce it yourself? If so, I would be very curious if you
could reproduce it with SumatraPDF. I am not suggesting you switch, I'm
just wondering if other PDF readaers suffer from the problem.
I'm also curious if there is a bug report. Does Adobe recognize there is
a problem and intend to fix it? If you find a bug report, please give
the URL.

If no one else answer with a fix for setting \pdfminorversion=4, I will
look into it.

Best,

Scott