Anders Host-Madsen <ahostmadsen <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> This sounds a little challenging. By script, you mean a unix shell script?
> One challenge
> is that you don't quite know how many time to run pdflatex. I guess usually
> pdflatex, bibtext, pdflatex, pdflatex would work.

Yes, this is what I meant, and the sequence you listed is what I would use.
I don't know if it will work in 100% of all cases, but at worst you should
have the .lyx and .tex files saved (and a LaTeX log file indicating why
compilation failed), or maybe a PDF file with those annoying question marks
where you were hoping for cross-references.