Paul A. Rubin <rubin <at> msu.edu> writes:

> Yes, this is what I meant, and the sequence you listed is what I would use.
> I don't know if it will work in 100% of all cases, but at worst you should
> have the .lyx and .tex files saved (and a LaTeX log file indicating why
> compilation failed), or maybe a PDF file with those annoying question marks
> where you were hoping for cross-references.

I have tried this method. I figured out how to write scripts and put the formats
into LyX, and how to debug LyX. But LyX just will not run my script. I
get the message

14:15:31.593: The process failed to start. Either the
invoked program is missing, or you may have
insufficient permissions to invoke the program.
14:15:31.720: Successful export to format:
Exportsupport/Systemcall.cpp (276): Systemcall: 'LExport.sh
$$r "test.tex"' did not start!
support/Systemcall.cpp (277): error The process failed to start.
Either the invoked program is missing,
or you may have insufficient permissions to invoke the program.

I have tried to put the scrip inside the LyX scripts directory, and outside.
I can run it
from terminal. But when LyX tries to run it, the above happens. Any
ideas from anyone?
It's all on a Mac.