On 14/11/16 22:28, Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2016-11-13, gordon cooper wrote:

[-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: 8bit --]
/
Several months ago when we were using lyx 2.1.*, the expression
/LyX Document
"-*rw-r‑‑r‑‑ *newbie users 277 Jan 7 14:42 .asoundrc"  exported
correctly to an html file.
We are now working with lyx 2.2.2. The same export gives this result,
"-/rw-r\SpecialChar nobreakdash\SpecialChar nobreakdashr\SpecialChar
nobreakdash\SpecialChar nobreakdash /newbie users 277 Jan 7 14:42 .asoundrc"
The double hypen is not being recognised, it is a legitimate piece of code.

The string you sent uses 2011   NON-BREAKING HYPHEN for the double dashes.
This is correctly converted to \nobreakdash- in the generated LaTeX file.

What happens, if you use only 002D      HYPHEN-MINUS

   -*rw-r--r-- *newbie users 277 Jan 7 14:42 .asoundrc
which LyX 2.2 converts to

   -{*}rw-r-{}-r-{}- {*}newbie users 277 Jan 7 14:42 .asoundrc
?

This happened when exporting to html.
Something has changed.
Yes, there was some work on the dashes and double dashes. However this was
meant to be an improvement.

Depending on how the no-break-hyphens got into your document, your
problem may turn out to be an actual improvement (uncover a hithero
hidden problem) or an unwanted side-effect.

An export to Lyx html does give a correct result.
So using this route is a possible workaround/solution.

Günter

Yes, that is a work around. Also we could use an html editor, probably Bluefish to correct the errors in the document. So we are not up against a brick wall.
Thanks,
Gordon.