On Thu, 18 Aug 2022, Daniel wrote:

I don't know what original post you refer to. The threat started with the
post I commented on which included a bit of superfluous stuff in the
lyx-file.

Daniel,

That was my original post

This is what the preamble contained:

\date{}
\usepackage{mathpazo}
\usepackage{graphicx,relsize}
\usepackage{scrlayer-scrpage}
\pagestyle{scrheadings}

None of these are relevant to your problem, right? Meaning the problem appears even if you remove these lines.

Yes, and I removed them in the revised mwe.lyx attached to my response to
your message.

In your document, you have an inserted graphic (pdf file). This doesn't seem relevant either. So, you could just remove it.

Then, would the Figure 0.1 be seen? The issue is how floats are numbered
when the unnumbered section* is selected as the environment.

Also, it points to

"C:/home/rshepard/projects/washington/gotch/docs/gotch-site-plan.pdf"

Doubtful as I defenestrated in 1997 and have run only linux ever since. The
test .lyx location should be changed to whereever it is on someone else's
system since I've no idea where it would be located so lyx could find it.

Regards,

Rich