On 4/13/24 03:00, Bernt Lie wrote:
So far,...
* I greatly appreciate that you have not changed the main parts of the user
interface. I hate it when developers come out with a new version of a tool, and
the user doesn't recognize where the menus are, etc.

I think it's fair to say that we do, too. It's our policy to change such things only when there is a clear reason to do so, and consensus among the developers, at least.

* These are the main things I have had time to notice in some 3 days, while
converting a large portion of my key documents from v. 2.3.x to v. 2.4
--

As a person who combines text with loads of math and computer code...
* The Program Listing settings ---

You can make global settings in Document> Settings> Listings.

Also, I'm using a couple of computer languages that are not supported by
Program Listing...
* Modelica (for specifying mathematical models)
* Julia

Is there an ASCII file where it is possible to add specifications for more
computer languages so that they show up in the Program Listing settings?

Unfortunately, that is hard-coded. It would make a lot of sense for it not to be, but be configurable, but that would take some doing (though I doubt it would be hard to do). But it would be a format change, so not doable until 2.5. But please do file an enhancement request if you wish.

Riki