On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 01:16:17PM +0200, Ralf wrote:
> The \limits command is not saved. When you write something like
>
> \lim\limits _{x\rightarrow\infinity}
>
> in inline formulas the subscript will be under the \lim. When you save the
> file an reopen it, the \limits is gone, so that the subscript will be
> displayed like usual subscripts (e.g. like in $x_{i}$). This applies only to
> inline formulas.

I'll have a look. There is certainly something fishy there....

> When you use \intlimits as an option for amsmath, integral limits in
> displayed formulas are put below and above the integral sign as a
> default, so you don't have to use \limits at all. I regard this as a
> matter of style. If one uses \limits in inline formulas once, it would be
> strange not to use it always. That's why I suggest having the option
> to do so as a default would be very nice.

We are currently not supporting specific options to the ams packages. How
would a user interface for this look like?

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)