On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 11:01:19PM +0200, Dekel Tsur wrote:
rstandi (for me and the users...) one-size-fits-all manner.

> > I could disallow direct entering of \alpha in math text mode but apart from
> > not liking that idea there is no simple way to extend this to "conversion"
> > (mark something, press C-m).

> Yes I also think you should do that.
> I think it is fine to not allow insertion of any of the symbols defined in
> lib/symbols into \textrm (even though some of them may be usable in text
> mode).

In lyx1.2, entering \alpha in text mode will result in a math-mode
\alpha. Why cannot this be continued? Andre' said that lyx used binary
switch and now uses nested switch between text/math modes but I guess it
is still possible to automatically turn to math-mode when math symbol is
input in text mode.

--
Bo Peng