>>  I mean that, instead of having a script, one could launch LyX with
>> some special --remote flag saying ``hey, I do not want to run you,
>> but just send this command to another running lyx for me, will
>> you?''.

Andre> Ok. User on machine A without LyX installed wants to talk to
Andre> LyX running on machine B. Would that work?

It wouldn't, indeed. But this is probably not the most probable use of
this feature. In general, people are interested by applications on the
same machines. Or, like mozilla, application shown on the same X
display. The mozilla solution requires mozilla on both machines, I
think.

JMarc