On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 06:14:11PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Andre> And not everybody is lucky enough to be root on his desktop
> Andre> machine and free to install whatever version he likes...
>
> If one is able to run LyX remotely on another machine, then one can
> also open an xterm on the said other machine and type commands there.

One does not necessarily need the visual feedback of LyX when using the
server, so there is no technical guarantee that opening an xterm works.

But I guess you are right and for all practical purposes it does not make a
difference.

> Or maybe you want to send commands to the running LyX of the guy next
> door. That would be very nasty of you.

Possibly.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)