Katrin Pietzsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I loged out and in again after the installation, i did "edit ->
> reconfigure" (or vice versa) and I just checked my teTeX-installation
> -
> it works. What's disturbing me is that i don't understand completely
> which software is required and where it has to be installed and how to
> be linked with LyX/Aqua in order to get the preview working.

The previous query of no previews was a case of not running Edit ->
Reconfigure.  To follow up on the command line testing Angus
suggested, you could do that in LyX/Mac by starting

% /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/LyX

in a terminal and watching the output as you run LyX.  It will
probably tell you what is awry.  If LyX cannot find your LaTeX
installation, and you did log out and log in again after installing
LyX/Mac, the problem could be in your ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist
file.  LyX/Mac installs that automatically, or if the file exists
tries to modify it to a safe path.  If the file was broken, LyX/Mac
may not be able to fix it.
--

Ronald Florence                         www.18james.com