Andre Poenitz wrote:
> As a sidenote: RCS has been (sort of) superseded by CVS a dozen years
> ago which in turn is in the process of being superseded by SVN as far
> as I can tell. Things might be bearable on a single-user system, though.

Aren't CVS (and even more SVN) kind of overkill for personal one-user
editing (which is what most people do with LyX)? I happily use RCS for all
my needs and I haven't found a reason why to switch to CVS (I do not know
much about SVN though).

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

There is no reason to suppose that most human beings are engaged
in maximizing anything unless it be unhappiness, and even this
with incomplete success.
    -- Ronald Coase
       Introduction to ``The Firm, the Market, and the Law''