Hej på dig, Helge,

Helge Hafting, 2.12.2005 12:00:
> K. Elo wrote:
> >Without knowing it, you have helped me, too. A couple of day ago I
> >received a pdf-formular from a company. After having opened it with
> > my acoread 7.0 for linux I noticed that the printing was not
> > possible, because the printing permission was diabled (very
> > practical with a formular, indeed!). I contacted the company, but
> > they haven't even heard about the permissions (because they use 6.0
> > where the permissions are, AFAIK, simply ignored) and didn't know
> > how to fix the formular.
> >
> >At this point, your mail arrived. I downloaded pdftrans and itext,
> >installed them - and voilà!
>
> On linux, use xpdf which couldn't care less about permissions.
> I use it to copy/paste stuff out of pdf's that are protected against
> copying with acrobat.

Yes, sure. But the problem was I had to fill in the form before printing
and you just cannot fill in forms with xpdf. You could imagine I was "a
little bit" unhappy, when I had filled in the form (with 3 pages) and
then figured out the printing permission was set to "not allowed".
There was absolutely no way to save the information already filled in.
*Grr*!

But anyway, thanks for your advice!

Cheers,
Kimmo