----- Original Message ----- From: "Uwe Stöhr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Geoffrey Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "LyX-Users" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: WinInstaller 0.51

Geoffrey Lloyd wrote:

Having also run out of ideas I created a new partition and installed lyx to F:\lyx
Aspell and GSVIEW still installed to C:\
Interestingly InstantPreview now works.

Yes! Very good to hear.

I uninstalled and reinstalled in the usual C:\Program Files\Lyx and it failed

I tried again at C:\Lyx and it worked fine once again. Is this a spaces in path problem (I am using Miktex 2.4.1704) ???

It seems so, I'll test it.
(I use a german Windows where the default path is C:\Programme\LyX)
But anyway, is the Instant preview the only problem when you installed to C:\Program Files\Lyx ?

Not sure why I didnt try a different nonspaced path before but I think Instnat Preview is the only problem. It certainly compiles my 120 page thesis no problem in all locations via Export->blah

I think the installer is very good. I want my research group to use lyx but the IT guy said no after he watched me install, fiddle, hack and general force my way through 1.3.5 for Windows. Now with this one package I can see it on all machines next week!

Thanks for your hard work.

Geoff