I think that its working. I have to use ERT to do it, right?

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Larsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 30/05/2007 15:40
To: Steed, Robert J
Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: Physical units

I use the SIunits package for latex to do all my units.  It is a bit
cumbersome until you get the hang of it but then works great.  I just
include it in the LyX preamble, here is what I use in the preamble for
siunits:

%%%%%%%%%%%%% new commands using SIunits.sty %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\usepackage[thickqspace,thickspace,amssymb]{SIunits}
\usepackage{amssymb,amsmath,amsbsy,amsfonts}
\newcommand{\ev}{\electronvolt}
\newcommand{\kg}{\kilogram}
\newcommand{\cm}{\centi\meter}
\newcommand{\npcmcubed}{\cm\rpcubed}
\newcommand{\npcmsquared}{\cm\rpsquared}
\newcommand{\npsecond}{\reciprocal\second}
\newcommand{\nm}{\nano\meter}
\newcommand{\mps}{\meter\per\second}
\newcommand{\npmps}{\meter\usk\npsecond}

Cheers,

Brian

On 5/30/07, Steed, Robert J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm starting to write my thesis in Lyx and it so happens that I need to
> use microns(?) in my physical units alot. But I can't get a non-italic ? in
> math mode. Unicode doesn't seem to work either I get error messages:
>
> Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:? not set up for use with LaTeX.
>
> Does anyone know what I should do?
>
> I'm using lyx-1.5.0beta3 and miktex on winxp.
>
> Thanks
> Rob

Brian A Larsen
RBSP-ECT Instrument Suite Scientist