LB schrieb:

I have added the following code (I took it from EmbeddedObjects.lyx) to the
preamble of my document

However there are some problems that I need to fix (I use Book  as document
class, Lyx 1.4.3):
1. The bookmarks to some sections such as Acknowledgement, Glossary etc
point to wrong pages.
   I created these with Chapter*.

I refer to the hyperref manual to find out how to set the hyperlink anchors in
this case.

2. How can I added hyperref to bibliographic references?  It would be nice
if when I clicked on [1], the document would jump to Bibliography section
and shown reference [1].

This is automatically done by hyperref. It works in the attached example.
You have to load the cite package after hyperref, but check if you really need
this package.

3. The captions in the List of Tables and  List of Figures and sections in
TOC do not wrap when the reach the right side of the page. How can this be
fixed?

Works in the attached file.

In general:
- You used a lot of strange code in your preamble and document. You should only
use stuff that you
really need.
- You can save lots of preamble hooks if you use a better book class. I can
recommend the class
"book (koma-script)" that is used by the EmbeddedObjects manual. This class
provides you nearly
every feature needed for a proper book layout. Then you can get e.g. rid of
your titlepage hack. Its
beautiful documentation explains you more.

regards Uwe