On Oct 2, 2007, at 12:26 PM, Donn Ingle wrote:

Bennet -
Thanks a million for that file. It comes hot on the heels of
Christian's advice about a minipage and from the looks of things it's
a winner! I'm closing OpenOffice right now!

Yes -- it was his advice I thought I'd provide an example of, since it's not an obvious way of doing what you seemed to want until you see it done.

Notice that you can right-click on the "Box (Minipage)" button to get a Box Settings dialog, where you can change things like the width of the box.

Bennett