> Guess what, the possibility was there all the time. It was called
> 'locking' and usually accessed by typing Ctrl-I.

Hi Andre! Very nice that you reply! I was aware of Ctrl-I (actually I mentioned
it just in my last post of this thread
 http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg59864.html , at the
very end of it).
I learned about Ctrl-I from you three years ago, when you answered to a long
list of suggestions of mine in
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg70338.html .
But Ctrl-I is not what I mean, because I want to navigate through the
arguments. And now I am really puzzled that even you don't
know about the possibility to switch off the pop-up-feature while still being
able to enter the argument. The reason why I am
so insisting is only that my lyx 1.5.2 was for a while behaving exactly in this
way!! I want this back! It's like knowing there
is free beer around, and nobody tells you, where! ;-)
Sorry, perhaps you will tell me that I was just halluzinating, when I believed
to see this behaviour, but in case there is a chance to
switch this behaviour, could you please find out for me? It is really important
for me.
Thanks for reading, Sebastian

P.S.: If you don't see why this is so important for me, I can send you a sample
file...

believed to be clean.