Hi Abdel
Thanks for your reply!

> The problem, AFAIU, is that sometimes the argument is hidden within
> the macro and you cannot easily access it your suggested way.

Hm. I would probably agree that there might be problems, if I didn't
know that it was different in earlier versions (and Andre has confirmed
that). Also I really thought that in version 1.5.2. one can switch the
behaviour... strange that nobody can confirm this...

> Anyway, the math macro architecture has been basically rewritten in
> the development version; it is now much more powerful thanks to Stefan
> Schimanski. So I encourage you to try this version and provide us with
> comments on the devel list.

That's very interesting information! I am a bit hesitating, because I am
a bit afraid of working with unstable versions with the danger of
loosing data, but I might give it a try.
Thanks again! Sebastian

believed to be clean.