Hi again,

These days I've got the (longed-for) moment where much of the work was
definitively done. Result of this is a set of different LyX documents
(book-style), each one is a chapter.
I've tried that called master/child document, but the resulting preview
is absolutely unacceptable, 'cause it doesn't get to treat accents
properly, so it puts other characters just where there should be an
accent. My mother tongue, Spanish, is a language full of accents
everywhere so, after mastering the set, the "crashing" aspect of each
page is really awful. Besides, this adds more characters per page, which
alters the desired position of most of the sections/subsections,...

In the master, Document > Settings > Language > Spanish, and encoding
"LaTeX default"
but into each child document, I have set Language Spanish too, but
encoding "utf8", with good results.
If I switch to "utf8" in the master settings, the xdvi preview gives me
a lot of warnings about this fact, obviously.

So I don't know what to do, if I should abandon the idea of building a
master document,since I don't see clearly which advantages it really
provides. Anyone could point me any? Besides, the master document has
not built-in the sets of child documents, has it? Consequently, the
whole set of child docs should be there forever, if I've understood it
rightly.

Regards,
Daniel