El lun, 07-04-2008 a las 19:11 +0000, Luis Rivera escribió:
> Miguel Daniel Rodríguez Magarzo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> > In the master, Document > Settings > Language > Spanish, and encoding
> > "LaTeX default"
> > but into each child document, I have set Language Spanish too, but
> > encoding "utf8", with good results.
> > If I switch to "utf8" in the master settings, the xdvi preview gives me
> > a lot of warnings about this fact, obviously.
> >

> Excuse me, but I don't quite follow: you wrote, encoded, and typeset all
> child
> documents in UTF8; and when coming to a parent document, you are trying to
> write, encode and typeset the whole thing again in UTF8, right? You mean, the
> language settings for all documents are exactly the same, and the LyX process
> breaks?

 Yes, I meant that.

> If that's the case you may have stumbled upon a bug in LyX. Otherwise please
> recheck and state your case better.
>
> You may also help to diagnose the bug trying another encoding. Make two
> copies
> and try "language default" or "Latin1" in all documents on each copy and see
> what happens.
>
> Sorry, you have to try. I do child documents with the default encoding
> (Latin1
> IIRC) all the time, without a problem.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Luis.

I'd say that I was quite sure until you encourage me to re-check
things.
Well, I checked one by one all the documents and... there was not a bug,
but a slip from me: there were one between the set of documents where
the encoding was "latex-default"; Changing it to "utf8" as were the
remaining (then saving, updating dvi, etc..), and clicking at the xdvi
preview ... was (magically) perfect (again :-)

Sorry for this waste of time at this point, and thank you.

Daniel