On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:10:08 -0600
"Bob Lounsbury" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Micha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am trying to write a research proposal for my uni and the instructions say
> >  that the paragraphs should be numbered where the first number is the
> > section number.
> >
> >  Any way to do it in lyx/latex?
> >
> >  thanks
> >

> I'm confused?
>
> Bob

Me too, but to do a rough translation, the instructions say that the paragraphs
will be numbered in a continuous manner in any numbering method where the first
number indicates the section number.

A possible way to do this would be to use an enumeration if it allows a
numbering scheme where the first number is the enumeration number and the
second is the enumeration number.

i don't have any actual example to go by so any interpretation if this is
welcome.

On the other hand, this comes from the engineering department since I couldn't
find any instruction at all for the math department, either for the proposal or
the phd dissertation itself, which is rather strange since I seem to recall
finding something for my msc thesis.