On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 07:54:52 +1000
Typhoon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:33:56 +0300
> Micha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to write a research proposal for my uni and the
> > instructions say that the paragraphs should be numbered where the
> > first number is the section number.
> >
> > Any way to do it in lyx/latex?
> >

> My legal publisher requires paragraph numbers of the form:
> [chapter-parano]. I use the following which you can modify
> appropriately:
>
> \newcounter{parno}[chapter]%% numbered paragraph
> \renewcommand{\theparno}{\thechapter-\arabic{parno}}
> \newcommand{\p}{\stepcounter{parno}\noindent[\theparno]\ }
>
> Start a new numbered paragraph with \p

Thanks, it worked. It did teach a bit though and I ended up taking the idea
and abusing it a bit to use enumerations. More work if it was  pure latex, but
in lyx a lot easier

I defined in the header

\renewcommand{\labelenumi}{[\thesection-\arabic{enumi}]}

Now I can just write the whole document as an enumeration environment and I
don't need to retype the \p for each paragraph (like I said, for pure latex it
would have been a lot harder since it requires an \item for each paragraph
instead of just \p but the wonders of lyx help me here). I'm sure that this
can also be done by hacking a lyx document class file but I don't have the
time since I have a day and a bit to start and finish writing my research
proposal ...