On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:47:42 -0600
Eran Kaplinsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Clever, indeed. You should add it to the WIKI.
>
> I adapted it to my needs:
>
>     \renewcommand{\labelenumi}{\textbf{\thesection.\arabic{enumi}}}
>
> Now I need two further changes:
> First, to correct the indentation, so that the paragraph number is flush
> with the left number and the rest of the text is not hanging, but also
> flush.

There is probably a better way to do this, but I haven't managed to find the
right lengths to modify so someone else will need to answer that, and this
piece of code also doesn't handle more nesting but it will do what you want for
the first level

\renewenvironment{enumerate}{
\setcounter{enumi}{0}
\renewcommand{\item}{
\smallskip

\noindent\smallskip\stepcounter{enumi}\textbf{\thesection.\arabic{enumi}}
}}
{}

You can remove the smallskip if you don't want special space between the
paragraphs