Günter,

On Wednesday 25 june 2008 à 12:19 +0200, G. Milde wrote:

[...]

> Could you find out whether the character inserted via dead-´ + c is
> *one* character (c with accent) or
> *two* characters (c + combining acute acctent)

Not quite sure how to check this but I'd bet on "single character"...

> Both look similar at screen but are different representations.
> Deleting a two character combination sometimes(?) leaves the accent or
> the letter. The M-x accent-* functions insert two character combinations.

... because this latter behavior you describe is what I get (erase
accented c, accent remains) when I specify "american.kmap" while trying
to tweak it.
By default (i.e. no kmap file selected) I can erase the accented c at
once.
(BTW I couldn't paste the character in question from LyX into this
message.)

> Maybe LyX does not map it to ç because it does not "see" the defined char.

Do you mean: in the kmap file, or the bind file? If the latter, it has
to be something like that, because I do have some personal keybindings
that work.

--

Daniel Clément