Hi Daniel,
my system is gentoo linux, KDE-3.5, LyX 1.5.3 1.5.5 1.6svn (a few weeks old

I have the problem that I sometimes wnat to have ç (in french texts) and also å (in swedish texts).

The solution I found already several years ago is to have a bash start script in the Autostart folder, in which I define:

xmodmap -e "clear Lock"
xmodmap -e "keycode 66 = Multi_key"

For the above examples I have to type <caps lock> 'c' ',' and
<caps lock> 'a' 'a' one after the other.

This works inside LyX, vim and also on the command line.

HTH

Hellmut

Also, I tried a "normal" US keyboard setting (without dead keys): it did
not change anything. So the dead keys are not the problem.
BTW My LOCALE is de as well as my keyboard setting

--
Dr. Hellmut Weber         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172