On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

I used your geometry settings to put to images side by side in minipages. I used PDF rather than PS/gv (which I doubt changes anything crucial), and
I stuck a .png and a .jpg into the minipages since I don't use PSTricks
(again, I doubt this affects the results).  What worked for me was:

  Thank you, Paul. I forgot to respond on this list that I found a solution
through the help of a more experienced PSTricks user. I removed the
minipages and put dvips as one of the geometry package options. That does
the trick nicely.

Rich