Paul Morin wrote:
Hello,

Fresh new user of LyX for a week now, I have been reading the documentation
ever since to try and be as at ease as possible with this great tool.

One thing I didn't find how to do is this :

I am using the "article" layout, which is as close as possible from the
layout I want (I am currently writing an internship report). The only
problem is that I want page breaks after the title page, the ToC page and
before every new section.

For the title page, just use the document option "titlepage" (Document>Settings>Options).

I could use the "report" layout" but it is more different of what I'm
looking for (I don't need the "parts" and "chapters", for isntance).

You could also try the koma-script article class, which is very customizable.

I know I can insert a newpage with the LaTeX command "\newpage",
In LyX you can do it with Insert>Formatting>Page Break.

that I've
been using so far, but I'd rather customize a layout so these break pages
were automatic (what is the point of using LyX otherwise ?).

It's kind of a hack, but something like this in the preamble ought to work:

\let\oldtoc=\tableofcontents
\renewcommand\tableofcontents{\oldtoc{}\newpage{}}
\let\oldsec=\section
\renewcommand\section{\pagebreak\oldsec}

It'd probably be neater to do this via the titlesec package.

I navigated among the .layout and .inc files, trying to find a property to
change, but I couldn't. I also heard about package inclusion but I didnt'
find any matching my needs.

This kind of thing mostly has to be done at the LaTeX level.

rh