Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> > (Right now, Linguists know what kind of document I'm working on ;-)
>
> Not a linguist.  Therefore not a clue.

LinguistLyX would have given you an "pointing hand" to the theory Johannes is
working with ;-)

> Wish I'd read this yesterday --
> I met a couple (my first two linguists!) at a reception.  Doesn't
> matter; to each his own.  :-)
>
> > Is this possible?
>
> If you want Tables and Tableaus (Tableaux? my spellchecker seems to
> prefer the latter -- but then it doesn't believe spellchecker is a word)
> to share a common number sequence (e.g., Table 1 followed by Tableau 2
> followed by Table 3), it's easy.  Put \usepackage{caption} in the
> preamble.  Put \captionsetup{name=Tableau} in ERT inside those table
> floats that you want to be tableaux.

In the other case, create a file myfloats.inc that is included in your layout
file and has a content such as this:

Float
        Type                  tableau
        GuiName               Tableau
        Placement             tbp
        Extension             loo
        NumberWithin          none
        Style                 plain
        ListName              "List of Tableaux"
        LaTeXBuiltin          false
End

Have a look at stdfloats.inc for a model.

For 1.6, we could include this into the Linguistics module.

Jürgen