Hi,

I must confess that even in my case (LyX 1.5.4 on Mac Os X 10.3.9), if I
want to change the default PDF viewer I have to put the whole path to the
executable. For example, for using the pdf viewer Adobe Reader 7.1.0 for Mac
it works only if I use:

/Applications/Adobe\ Reader\ 7.1.0/Adobe\ Reader\
7.1.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Reader

instead if i follow the other suggestions and use:

open -a Adobe Reader 7.1.0

it doesn't work. Nothing happens.

Pierfranco