Joachim Kreimer-de Fries wrote:
Am 21.10.2008 um 16:10 schrieb Uwe Stöhr:
menu Tools->Settings->file formats
Am 21.10.2008 um 16:17 schrieb Konrad Hofbauer:
you can change in LyX -> Preferences -> File Formats -> PDF (...) -> Viewer.

Thanks, it works finally. But for someone else who also might want to change the pdf viewer I add: it it not sufficient to give in the path to the application package but to the application EXECutable itself, at least on Mac-OSX, in my case:

/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/MacOS/Skim

What should also do the trick is "open -a Skim", that lets OS X do the work of finding the app.

What I actually use is the attached script that explicitly tells Skim to reload. I've disabled auto-reload in Skim, since this sometimes does not work in combination with LyX's multiple compilation of the file.

So I have the attached script in ~/bin, set the script as executable (chmod u+x ...), in LyX "~/bin/SkimReload.sh", and then always use View PDF (not: Update PDF) in LyX

HTH,
Konrad