Olivier Ripoll wrote:
Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Hello LyX testers,
[...]
- fix bug that the installer ignored for some cases when LyX should only
  installed for the current user

Hi Uwe,

The installer doesn't create the "lyx16" application data folder for all users anymore (unless asked to of course). However, it still creates and fills the "Aspell" app data folder for all users, even if I ask to install for a single user.

A few annoying things when upgrading to RC5:

[...]
2- reconfigure does not work (which probably explains point 1 above):
an error window pops-up saying:
"The system reconfiguration has failed.
Default Textclass is used but LyX may not be able to work properly.
Please reconfigure again if needed."
If launched in a console, I have this (between dashes):
[...]
There is indeed no genericpath.py nowhere, and that explains why the reconfigure after installing is soooo fast ;-)
I could not find that file in RC4 after reinstalling it. I "made one"
by copying that page:
http://www.koders.com/python/fidB1801D52A7E500D99DFF977091F108F5D906B7F6.aspx?s=md5 into a text file that I called genericpath.py, but then it complained not to find "_abcoll" module. I am stuck there... I could not find that file on the net.

Ok, I finally found this "_abcoll.py" file, and the also missing "abc.py" from:
http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/misc/Python-2.6.tgz/
download links are
http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/misc/Python-2.6.tgz:b/Python-2.6/Lib/abc.py
http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/misc/Python-2.6.tgz:b/Python-2.6/Lib/_abcoll.py

After copying those files and the genericpath.py in the bin\Lib folder, I can get reconfigure to work. But there is still no pdf image display on screen. My ImageMagick is
ImageMagick-6.4.1-0-Q16-windows-dll.exe

I'll try and update and report if I can get this to work.

Best regards,

Olivier