Sherriff, Martyn wrote:
Uwe, thanks for RC5.

Like Murat I cannot read earlier release files. I only have RC5 running on this
PC and when I try to open an RC4 file I get an error message that the file was
created in an earlier version and the lyx2lyx script failed to convert it.
New files are OK.

LyX says that whenever the conversion process fails. It could fail for lots of reasons. I'm guessing it may have to do with the python version, as there have been some other issues about that, and I don't believe there was any format change from rc4 to rc5. If you could run lyx2lyx from a terminal, you may get more info.

rh