Olivier Ripoll wrote:
Uwe Stöhr wrote:
2- reconfigure does not work (which probably explains point 1 above):
an error window pops-up saying:
"The system reconfiguration has failed.
Default Textclass is used but LyX may not be able to work properly.
Please reconfigure again if needed."
If launched in a console, I have this (between dashes):
[...]
There is indeed no genericpath.py nowhere, and that explains why the reconfigure after installing is soooo fast ;-)
I could not find that file in RC4 after reinstalling it. I "made one"
by copying that page:
http://www.koders.com/python/fidB1801D52A7E500D99DFF977091F108F5D906B7F6.aspx?s=md5 into a text file that I called genericpath.py, but then it complained not to find "_abcoll" module. I am stuck there... I could not find that file on the net.

Ok, I finally found this "_abcoll.py" file, and the also missing "abc.py" from:
http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/misc/Python-2.6.tgz/
download links are
http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/misc/Python-2.6.tgz:b/Python-2.6/Lib/abc.py
http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/misc/Python-2.6.tgz:b/Python-2.6/Lib/_abcoll.py

After copying those files and the genericpath.py in the bin\Lib folder, I can get reconfigure to work. But there is still no pdf image display on screen. My ImageMagick is
ImageMagick-6.4.1-0-Q16-windows-dll.exe

I'll try and update and report if I can get this to work.

So, updating to the latest ImageMagick does not solve the problem... but here is how I finally managed to solve it, and get LyX to display my pdf graphics fines on screen:
I ran lyx in debug mode:
"lyx -dbg" lists all options, and one says:
2097152     graphics  Graphics conversion and loading
so I ran "
lyx -dbg 2097152
and found in the long list of messages written, that the module functools was missing. I found one at
http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/lib/functools.py
and after putting it with the others, it finally works :-)

Best regards,

Olivier

Best regards,

Olivier