From: Murat Yildizoglu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 October 2008 09:52
To: Uwe Stöhr
Cc: LyX-Docs; LyX-Users; LyX-Devel
Subject: Re: [announce] preview test release of LyX 1.6.0rc5 for Windows

Thanks Uwe,

It works like a charm and I have installed the small version to be used with
TexLive2005.

I have a strange problem with RC5. I have a crash-test latex document of 150
pages with graphics and everything that I try to import in each new
candidate. RC3 is perfectly able to import it but RC5 is not. Just after the
beginning of the import process, it tells me that the lyx file is from an
older version and that relyx can notr convert it. The first time, I have
thought that this was due to the presence of an older import in the folder
but I get the message even if I erase the lyx file before beginning the
import. Very strange indeed... I hope that RC5 is not less stable than RC3
at the end ;-)

A question, I have installed RC5 along the RC3 installation, following Uwe's
suggestion. Can this be a source of problem?

Best regards,

Murat

--
*** NEW UNIVERSITY, NEW ADDRESS ! ***

Prof. Murat Yildizoglu
Université Paul Cézanne (Aix-Marseille 3)
GREQAM (UMR CNRS 6579)
Centre de la Vieille Charité
2, rue de la Charité
13236 Marseille cedex 02

Bureau 320
Tel : +33 4 91 14 07 27 (standard)
Tel : +33 4 91 14 07 70 (secrétariat)
Tel : +33 4 91 14 07 47 (bureau)
Fax : +33 4 91 90 02 27

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www : http://www.vcharite.univ-mrs.fr/PP/yildi/index.html

avast! Antivirus<http://www.avast.com>: Outbound message clean.

Virus Database (VPS): 081029-0, 29/10/2008
Tested on: 30/10/2008 15:06:30