Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Hello LyXers,

I uploaded version 4.15 of the LyXWinInstaller that fixes two bugs:
- add missing Python file to be able to import CSV-files to LyX
- fix bug that PDF and EPS images weren't show in LyX

In case you are affected by these bugs, you have to reinstall LyX using this new installer version.

The installer can be downloaded from:
https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5117&release_id=15475
and soon also from
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.6.0
(under the name AltInstaller)

(More infos about the installer can be found here:
 http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller )

sorry for the inconvenience and regards
Uwe

HI, Uwe. I'm totally annoying of installing the Lyx 1.6.
My system is Windows xp, I have Miktex 2.7 be installed already.

I have tried
"LyX-1.6.0-1-Installer.exe"
or
"LyX-160-4-15-AltInstaller-Small.exe"
But none of them can be properly installed.

Here is my problem:
If I have the networks.

Every time during the last period of installing, it will connect to the internet and downloading something Lyx seems missing.(I think the python will do this, and download it behind the screen).

But it takes *several hours*!!! I can't wait it for too long, So, I just disconnect my networks, then, the installation finished.

When I first start the Lyx. It will try to reconfigure and try to connect to the internet to download something. ( In my task manager, cmd.exe, python.exe and latex.exe was running , but No GUI was shown.) It's also a long long time, there is no progress nor a "stop" button to pause the precessing. So, I just disconnect the networks again. And the Lyx screen appeared on my screen. Then, I works fine.

Later, each time I start the Lyx, it will do some annoying configuration in console mode(before the main GUI appears), and it will cost an endless time. So, I just disconnect the networks to let the main GUI window comes out.

If I have *no* networks.

The installation can't be finished. The console window will be pending until I click the "X" button.

Every time I start Lyx, I also see the cmd.exe, python.exe and latex.exe and Lyx.exe are running in the task manager, But all these programs were running behind the screen..... No GUI were shown for ever...

I thought it was some thing wrong with the Python script, Because it will always got the state that the configuration was not finished. So, it will run configuration every time lyx started.

I'm hoping you other senior developers can solve this problem.
Thank you very much.