Asm_gmail schrieb:

I have found the problem, and find a way to work around it.

Actually, I first installed the latest version of basic MikTex 2.7 . During setup, I choose the update option in MikTex's Setting dialog "Install missing pages", of ---> "Ask me first".

But when I install the Lyx (both the standard version or the alternative installer), the installer will *automatically* change this option to "Yes". (it seems very strange)

This is done purposely Otherwise you will be prompted about 40 times to agree to the package installation. By omitting the prompt, you can go drinking a coffee while the packages are installed consecutively.

So, the trick is : (If you have no network or low speed of networks)

1,kill the last step configuration of installation of Lyx.
2,Setting the MikTex update option  *back* to "Ask me first".
3,start Lyx to let it initialize configuration , and When some message box prompt to ask whether downloading missing packages. I always choose "cancel".
4,After step 3, the Lyx can work now.

This is not working. Because then you don't have a fully working LyX installation. You are then for example not able to compile the documentation files like LyX's User's Guide and you cannot use all LyX features, for example subfloats and other key features.

By the way, Even I make a full installation of "basic MikTex 2.7", there are still several missing packages required by Lyx.

These are packages only available at special inter pages, mostly class and style files for scientific journals.

I'm struggling with this installation problem for about 24 Hours, All what I can do is "install" and "reinstall" of different packages again and again.... :-( So, you can think how depressed I feel. Anyway, I surely solved this problem at last.

I don't understand why you cannot just wait untill all missing LaTeX-packages are installed. I mean you don't need to sit in front of your computer while this is done, you can also do other things in the meantime.

regards Uwe