Vincent,

Thanks for the reply.  I noted that the GUI bug was in an earlier release,
(V1.6.0 I think),  but it seemed to disappear in V1.6.1-1.  Well at least is
does not occur in my installation.

The statement about the finding Miktex was to indicate that there appears to be
an issue with the installer in that it finds that there is a Miktex
distribution but is unable to fill in the path to the latex.exe file.  Probably
the wrong list to be talking about this anyway.

Looking forward to the final official distribution.

Regards

Bob Betz

Dr. Robert Betz
Ampcontrol Professor of Power Engineering,
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science,
Chief Technical Consultant
ResTech Pty Ltd
Deputy Head of Faculty,
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
University of Newcastle, Australia.

email: robert.b...@newcastle.edu.au
TEL: +61-2-4921-6091
FAX: +61-2-4921-6993
Mobile: (+61)-(0)419249948
Web: http://eecsbobb.uncle.newcastle.edu.au/rebetz

>>> On 20/03/2009 at 11:23 am, in message
>>> <c546d37f214ddb42aa01f512af0bfd99562...@srv502.tudelft.net>, Vincent van
>>> Ravesteijn - TNW <v.f.vanraveste...@tudelft.nl> wrote:
Hi Bob

>Installed the new Lyx 1.6.2 the other day on a Windows XP
>x64 machine, but found that there are problems with the GUI.
>If on moves one of the toolbars to somewhere else on the
>toolbar area then stop and restart the program it the toolbar
>is at a different position.

This is a known bug indeed, but it is in the qt-library we use, so we
can't do much about this. In the most recent release of qt (4.5), this
bug is solved, but we did not include it yet in the distribution.

>Also when the program installed it did not find my Miktex distribution,
>location even though it indicated that the distribution existed.

I don't really understand what you want to say here.

>Finally the program started by opening a command console and then
>closing it after the main Lyx program started.  Seems that there
>have been a number of bug issues introduced with this "bug maintenance"
>release.

The 'official' LyX 1.6.2 installer is not yet available (which I
regret), so you probably have used the 'alternative' installer to
install LyX. This installer for instance installs a lyx.bat file which
is used to start LyX. That's why it looks like the behaviour has
changed.

>Have other users experienced there issues?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vincent