On Sun, 3 May 2009, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Exporting to a .tex file (pdflatex) and either using an absolute path for the image or putting it in the same directory as the .tex file works here, to the extent that the "institution-logo" thing goes away and I get an itsy-bitsy logo image (or a decent size one if I substitute a different version of the image file, either PNG or PDF).

Paul,

  Serious issues have come up and I've not experienced anything like them
before.

  When I use View->pdflatex I can see the logo on each slide after the
first. Now that I finished the presentation, I used File->Export->pdflatex
to produce a .pdf on disk. Viewing that with both xpdf and acroread, the
logo is not seen; I'm back to "institution-logo" across the box. Why? Why
does viewing with pdflatex work but not exporting that way?

  So, I went to CTAN and grabbed all the files in the directory with pdf.sty
and copied those over the existing files in both
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/pgf-1.00/latex/pgf/basiclayer/ and
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/pgf/. Now I cannot view or export to plain LaTeX,
pdflatex, or anything.

  Don't know how I got the system so FUBAR, but I need to fix it quickly.

  Anyone with ideas?

Rich