Rich Shepard wrote:
On Sun, 3 May 2009, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Ok, I don't have an answer to why you get the "institution-logo" overprint
(I did here too), but I have a workaround.  Replace your two LaTeX
commands for the image with

\logo{\includegraphics[bb=0in 9.5in 2.6in 11in, clip,
\height=0.5cm]{aesi-logo.pdf}}

and see if that helps.

Paul,

  Yes, it does. Thank you. I'd still like to understand what's broken with
the suggested code.

Rich

Ok, I think I've got this sorted out.  Three things:

1. If you move the LaTeX code to a standard environment above the title, you'll get the logo on the title page as well as on the slides.

2. The \pgfdeclareimage command does not appear to accept clipping and bounding arguments, so if you want to use that, you'll need to redo the image in a way that fills up the page it's drawn on in the source document. (There may be some sneaky way to bound and clip with \pgfdeclareimage, but I haven't yet found the docs for it, so all I know is that it rejects bounding box options if they're put in the same optional argument where you have the height ... unless I'm munging the syntax.}

and <drum roll>

3. Your syntax is fine. It will work (other than the clipping issue) if you export a .tex file and run pdflatex manually. The reason for the "institution-logo" text is indeed that, as I suspected, PGF can't find the logo. The reason it can't find the logo is that LyX is not copying the image files to the temp buffer, because the image file is only mentioned in a \pgfdeclareimage command, which LyX does not parse. If I make the path absolute and then View -> PDF from LyX, it works (except that the image is miniscule due to the clipping/bounding issue).

/Paul