Stefano Franchi wrote:
I just learned (on the developers list) that the behavior of the counter in the Enumerate environment is hardcoded and cannot be modified by modules. My problem was how to modify the counter strings (from levels 2 on) from roman to arabic. Presumably, the problem discussed here runs into the the same difficulty. We non-coders neeed to wait until the developers change the C++ code and make Enumerate customizable.

Stefano, could you file an enhancement request for this, and cc me (at rgh...@comcast.net). I seem to be the layout guy these days, and I'd like to do the same thing you want to do. Viz, I want a Roman Enumerate environment, which I can easily get LaTeX-wise, but not in LyX.

Richard