On Wednesday 10 June 2009 11:46:10 am Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> Ralf wrote:
> > how often do we need the \enlargethispage{\baselineskip} ?
> > Well, I use it quite a lot since I have a lot of large figures and
> > sometimes I just need an extra line to keep it all together.
> >
> > Instead of typing the ERT each time, it would be fancy to have a button
> > (and/or shortcut) that includes it ... how do you folks think?
>
> I've never used it myself.   You could bind it to some shortcut easily
> enough.  Personally, I wouldn't be too excited about a permanent binding
> -- just more clutter in my case.
>
> /Paul

Ralf,

I use \enlargethispage on my eBook book cover, but I really don't understand
it. What you said about keeping something all together sounded interesting,
because I know as figures start approaching 1/4 page in each length, ugly
spacing issues happen. Could you please explain the details of
\enlargethispage to all of us?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt