Steve Litt <sl...@...> writes:
[snip]
> I use \enlargethispage on my eBook book cover, but I really don't understand
> it. What you said about keeping something all together sounded interesting,
> because I know as figures start approaching 1/4 page in each length, ugly
> spacing issues happen. Could you please explain the details of
> \enlargethispage to all of us?

well, I am far from being a pro, but \enlargethispage simply does that: enlarge
the current page - from a latex documentation:

\enlargethispage{size}:
"Enlarge the \textheight for the current page by the specified amount; e.g.
\enlargethispage{\baselineskip} will allow one additional line"

\enlargethispage*{size}:
"The starred form tries to squeeze the material together on the page as much as
possible. This is normally used together with an explicit \pagebreak"

if you have a lot of large figures in a chapter (which i do) it can be difficult
to have them in the place where you would like them and also have a good looking
text - enlargethispage gives you an additional amount of freedom in that case,
so that the paragraph does not continue on the next page with only a few words

Cheers
-Ralf